Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cataclysm: Day One To-Do list

I'm sure everyone planning to purchase Cataclysm on release day has some idea of what they will be doing Day One. I, however, have flip-flopped so often that I don't even know what I want anymore. Everything just sound like so much fun! So far, I have narrowed it down to:

Level my 80s (Hunter)

Leveling my currently level-capped characters is always the first thought I come to. I probably will end up leveling my hunter right from the get go, but it's always so tempting to consider leveling a new character because of new races or classes, leveling my professions and in general checking everything out. Cataclysm presents a whole new kind of temptation, however.

Starting Over

With the release of Cataclysm our characters' homeland is changing; and not just changing, catastrophically changing in a lot of cases. This means everything from new sights to new quests to a potentially all-new leveling experience. This is going to be a real problem for me, as I currently have 9 of 10 on my home server. The final spot is already saved for a Worgen, but I also want to transfer my Shaman make to home-base, so I'll have to delete some one.

Leveling the new Races

This is by far the most tempting to consider. I'm super excited about the new Worgen zone, and I've heard great things about the Gobs. (Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher... sorry.) Lore is something I've always been supremely interested in, and the lore behind what's going on with these two groups is nothing short of epic. And speaking of lore...

Lore, lore, galore!

There is soooooo MUCH going on on the lore front in Cataclysm I am honestly not sure what I am most excited about. If you've read the new intros Blizzard released you already know *SPOILER ALERT* that Cairne is killed in some sort of duel with Garrosh (/spit) , everyone but the Tauren are booted from the main parts of Orgrimmar, the Trolls re-take Echo Isles and Thrall leaves the leadership to ol' angry orc. And that's just the horde! The alliance get a new puppy, loses a leader to a terrible tragedy, welcomes back old friends, and a big hole opens up in their backyard.

So what will I be doing on release day? Probably tearing my hair out, trying to do everything at once. And I'll love ever minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment